In the north of Italy, on the border with Switzerland, lies the Great Lakes region. It is in this region that is located one of the most beautiful lakes in Italy and probably in the world. It is therefore not surprising that Lake Como has been chosen as a location for many films.
Today, we are going to take a tour of all the Star Wars filming locations in Lake Como so that you can replay these mythical scenes.
Villa Balbianello, Episode 2 Attack of the Clones – 2002
It was in this villa, in the town of Lenno, 27 km north of Como and in front of Bellagio, that the wedding between Anakin (played by Hayden Christensen) and Padme (played by Natalie Portman) was shot. It is possible to visit it from March to November.
This is an important place for the story, as it is here that the love between these two characters will grow stronger and more concrete. Through Anakin’s nightmares, we see the beginnings of the fate that awaits him. His attachment to Padmé is what will lead him to the dark side of the force. What would have happened if they had not been sent to this villa?
The shooting of Episode 2 took place from August 30 to September 1, 2000, for two scenes:
– Padme’s villa on Naboo, where she lives with Anakin
– the house of his parents (cut scene)
For more information about the villa: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Balbianello
Padmé and Anakin’s picnic in the grass
For this scene, the shooting could have been done at any place, but it was easier to shoot this scene at the same time as the ones in the villa.
This scene was shot the day after the shooting in the villa. It is at this point that Anakin and Padme’s bond begins to grow into a mutual love.
Hotels in Lake Como: Where to stay?
1. Best choice : Suite Menaggio : perfect location,on the center of Menaggio, the view from the balcony was unmatched, very modern & fresh apartment, with a fully equipped kitchen, we loved it all!
2. Best price : Albergo Frirenze : location to the town centre of Como, 10min walk to the train station and near the lake ferry terminal, staff were very helpful and efficient. Very good breakfast. Would stay again if in Como.
3. With View : Hotel Bellagio : great location, gorgeous view from our room, Very nice staff and lovely buffet breakfast
Best activities in Lake Como
We wish you a great trip! Don’t hesitate to leave us a note below to tell us if you are planning this trip, or to ask any questions you may have, we will answer you with great pleasure. It is always a real pleasure to read you.