For 2023, most destinations have reopened their borders, so good news for travelers: you’ll be able to fly to the four corners of the world, Europe and France without health restrictions.
We’ve selected the ideal, original destination for each month of 2023, so you can get away without breaking the bank !
- January: Expedition to Argentine and Chilean Patagonia
- February 2023: Experience the incredible Brazilian Carnival
- March: Cuban paradise beaches
- April 2023: A sunny break at Lake Como, Italy at a low price
- May 2023: Off the beaten track in Jordan
- June: Van life in Australia
- July: A 4×4 road trip in Namibia
- August 2023: Road trip to Andalusia in southern Spain, Europe
- September 2023: Montenegro’s off-season beaches and national parks at low prices
- October: Weekend trip to Bordeaux, France
- November: Naples and its region, a change of scenery without breaking the bank
- December: Holiday 2023 in sunny Sri Lanka
January: Expedition to Argentine and Chilean Patagonia
This region offers the chance to hike in some of the world’s most beautiful natural parks: Torres Del Paine, Los Glacieras…
We’d never done an independent trek in our lives. Our 4 days in the Torres Del Paine Natural Park in southern Chile, surveying the immense meadows, snow-covered mountains and glacier-fed lakes, completely enchanted us! The Cerro Fitz Roy trek is our second must-do in the region.
- When to go: during the summer between December and February (the seasons are reversed in the southern hemisphere).
- We left in February, so remember to book accommodation in the parks a few months before your trip to ensure you have a place to pitch your tent or a cosy bed in a dormitory.
February 2023: Experience the incredible Brazilian Carnival
Brazil, and more specifically São Paulo, was the first destination on our world tour. For 4 days, we followed the blocos or bandas, which are people brought together, usually on a float, by a common element (a neighborhood, a dance school, an association…) who parade during carnival. The procession follows a float of dancers accompanied by musicians.
It’s definitely the best way to experience Carnival like a Brazilian! Some blocos or bandas are well known and attract huge crowds, a sort of open-air discotheque. Others are more intimate, where you can learn a few samba steps with the locals.
- This year’s carnival runs from February 22 to March 08.
- Tip: it’s possible to attend Samba School rehearsals before Carnival for an unbeatable price.
- Prepare your caipirinha before setting off on your parade – it’s a very easy cocktail to make!
March: Cuban paradise beaches
For us, Cuban beaches are the most beautiful in the world (Varadero, Cayo Coco, Cayo Largo…). With its translucent waters and white sandy beaches, it’s a real little paradise. To escape the winter doldrums, head for Cuba.
Cuban cities and countryside are also worth exploring. In short, the largest island in the Caribbean is sure to seduce you in 2023!
- When to go: during the dry season from November to May.
- A visa is required to visit this island.
- The island can be explored by rental car or bus.
April 2023: A sunny break at Lake Como, Italy at a low price
It’s the perfect lake for a stay or a vacation. a weekend for lovers, family or friends! April 2023temperatures will be around 20 degrees and the sunshine rate is very good!
Lake Como is the third largest Italian lake. The lake is surrounded by mountains and bordered by sumptuous villas with lush gardens, beautiful beaches with clear waters and picturesque villages, Bellagio, Varrena, Lecco, Como….
He is also famous for his appearances in films such as Star Wars and Casino Royale (007). We were enchanted by the beauty of this place.
After your visit to Milan, rent a car and head for the southern lakeside town of Como, a 1-hour drive away.
- We went to visit Lake Como during the April vacations, an excellent time of year, with few tourists and beautiful sunny days!
- Flights from France are very affordable at this time of year (around €50 return from Bordeaux or Paris).
May 2023: Off the beaten track in Jordan
We’re off to Jordan! When we uttered this phrase, our friends and family were generally astonished by our choice of trip.
Honestly, we didn’t have this destination on our list of countries to visit. We left to find my sister. She worked in Amman, the capital, for two years in a French company.
We loved our stay, and were pleasantly surprised by the number of places to visit and the beauty of the different sites: Petra, one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, Aqaba, for its sublime seabed, and the incredible Wadi Rum desert.
We also appreciated the contact with the local population, who always helped us when we needed it.
- When to go: Jordan is a sunny country with little rainfall and mild temperatures all year round! Nevertheless, the period from April to November is the best for temperatures (minimum 15 and maximum 40 degrees).
- Find out the date of Ramadan before you leave, as many shops and restaurants will be closed during this period.
- Take advantage of the May bank holidays to plan several dayson site. To take advantage of attractive fares during the summer holidays, book your plane ticket as far in advance as possible (allow around €450 return).
- Find here our must-sees, our tips and itinerary in Jordan and our visa recommendations.
L‘organisme Evaneos propose des circuits organisés de grande qualité, 100% personnalisables.
Nous vous conseillons de contacter un expert local pour demander un devis gratuit et sans engagement, afin de gagner du temps dans la préparation de votre voyage et vous donner plein d’idées !
June: Van life in Australia
Going to Australia in June 2023, in winter since the seasons are reversed, is an interesting option.
In the south of the country, where the climate is temperate, as in Sydney, temperatures will be cool. Northern Australia , on the other hand, enjoys a tropical climate .
We criss-crossed the east coast from Cairns (Great Barrier Reef) to Daintree National Park, then crossed the country to Darwin. See videos of our trip above and below.
- Leaving at this time of year means you can get a van at an unbeatable price!
- Remember to to book your activities on the Great Barrier Reef even at this time of year.
- A visa is required for this destination.
July: A 4×4 road trip in Namibia
Namibia is one of our most beautiful trips to date. Aboard our 4×4, we explored its vast wilderness, incredible wildlife and geological wonders.
Our first experience in a rooftop tent gave us an immense sense of freedom.
Don’t miss a safari in Etosha Park, one of the largest in Africa, which can be explored by 4×4 in total autonomy. And the Sesriem desert and Sossuvlei dunes. We keep images full of head of our first safari.
- When to go: thehe year is divided into two seasons, the dry season and the rainy season. It is possible to travel all year round in Namibia because every season has its advantages to discover the country. We left in August, and saw for ourselves a large number of animals and birds.
- Read our detailed articles with all our tips, itinerary and budget.
- Our article on the most beautiful lodges
Organiser un voyage en Namibie demande du temps et de l’énergie pour trouver toutes les informations !
Si vous souhaitez organiser votre séjour avec un organisme, nous vous conseillons l’organisme Français Evanéos. Nous vous conseillons de contacter un expert local pour demander un devis gratuit et sans engagement, afin de gagner du temps dans la préparation de votre voyage et vous donner plein d’idées d’activités et d’itinéraires !
August 2023: Road trip to Andalusia in southern Spain, Europe
Andalusia, recommended by friends, is one of our favorite trips in Europe.
Arriving in Seville, we spent a few days exploring the magnificentAlcazar Palace (the photos will remind you of scenes from Game of Thrones), the impressive Cathedral of Our Lady of the Siege and sampling the local cuisine, including tinto de verano.
Then we rented a car to discover the other Andalusian cities, Cordoba and Granada, as well as the beautiful coves along the coast.
- Temperatures are pleasant at this time of year, averaging 25 degrees. On some afternoons, we even got very hot.
- Don’t forget to book entrance tickets to the various sites (Alcazar, Alambra…) in advance, even in May.
September 2023: Montenegro’s off-season beaches and national parks at low prices
Montenegro is an ideal destination in September, after the tourist season and the still very pleasant temperatures! It’s only a few hours by plane from France.
This Balkan country offers a wide range of activities, so there’s something for everyone!
The interior of the country includes magnificent national parks in the heart of the Montenegrin mountains. The Adriatic coast offersauthentic villages (Kotor, Budva, Ulcinj…) and crystal-clear beaches (Velika plaza, Mogren beach…).
- When to go: September is ideal, as temperatures are still pleasant and the high tourist season is over. Summer is still a good option, though. We went in July, and found less crowded places away from the main centers of interest.
- Find out more about our itinerary ideas for 8, 10 or 12 days in Montenegro, as well as all our advice .
- Our article on Montenegro’s most beautiful beaches
October: Weekend trip to Bordeaux, France
We tend to always go as far away as possible, when we also have incredible things to explore in France.
We’ve lived in Bordeaux for several years, and it’s a city we love to explore! A weekend visit to Bordeaux in October is ideal, as temperatures are still pleasant at this time of year.
The UNESCO World Heritage city and its gastronomic delights are sure to win you over!
- Thanks to the high-speed line, Bordeaux is only 2 hours from Paris. It’s also easily accessible by plane, with low-cost carriers Easy Jet, Volotea and Ryannair offering attractive fares.
- Patience, we’re preparing a series of articles on this city to help you plan your itinerary!
November: Naples and its region, a change of scenery without breaking the bank
We explored Naples and the surrounding area twice, and yes, when you love it, you don’t count! Each time, we found a plane ticket to Naples at an unbeatable price. A real asset for 2023, for low-cost travel close to France!
It’s a beautiful region with lots to see and do: the authentic city of Naples, the Bay of Naples and its islands, including Capri, the archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum, Vesuvius and the Amalfi Coast.
December: Holiday 2023 in sunny Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is the perfect place to spend the 2023 holiday season in the sun. We spent Christmas and New Year on the south coast of the country.
A romantic meal on Tangalle beach for Christmas. A New Year’s Eve party on Mirissa’ s beautiful beach!
- When to go: the country enjoys a tropical climate with an average temperature of 27 degrees. Monsoons sweep the different regions in alternation. So this country can be visited all year round. In December and January, the western and southern regions are preferred. The monsoon is present in the north and east of the country.
- A visa is required for this destination.
So where are you off to in 2023?
We wish you an excellent trip! Feel free to drop us a note below to let us know if you’re planning this trip, ask any questions you may have here or on Instagram, we’ll get back to you with great pleasure.